About Our Speech Products and Resources
About Chatterbug Books and Resources and Ask A Speechie
Chatterbug Books and Resources is involved in the development of speech resources and products with a focus on children. The Speech Pathologists at Ask a Speechie have at least 9 years experience working with children in a variety of settings including private practice, education and disabilities. We are dedicated and focused on providing productive resources and products to help you and your child achieve your goals.
What is a Speech Pathologist?
Speech Pathologists are specialty trained to assess and treat people of all ages with communication and swallowing difficulties.
Speech Therapy and Pathology Areas
The Speech Pathologists at Ask A Speehie specialise in the areas of language, articulation and literacy. These areas can be broken down into the following skills:
- Comprehension– understanding written and spoken language.
- Narrative Skills– the ability to tell, retell and write stories.
- Semantics– knowledge of a vocabulary of words and the relationship between words.
- Articulation or Speech Production– ability to speak clearly and produce words in a way that can be understood by others.
- Stuttering Treatment– ability to speak fluently.
- Grammar– how words combine to form sentences and the rules required to form them in a concise and clear manner.
- Literacy skills including reading, writing and spelling.
- Phonological Awareness skills – ability to identify, segment, blend, manipulate and understand individual sounds.